With so many anti-aging skincare products out there, how do you know which ones are right for you?
Our skin faces a new set of challenges with every decade. For example, younger skin needs moisture and protection, while more mature skin requires targeted treatments that reverse the signs of aging. And because our skin changes so much as we age, what once worked for us in our 20’s may no longer work in our 30’s and beyond.
To make it easier for you, we’ve put together this anti-aging skincare guide by age. While everyone’s skin is different, this guide will give you an idea of how to start designing your skincare routine. Here’s how to take care of your skin.
Skincare in Your 20’s
Your skin may look great now, but how you treat your skin in your 20’s will show up on your face in years to come. That’s why your 20’s are the perfect time to learn how to take care of your skin and start good skincare habits such as:
- Using a good cleanser twice daily and thoroughly removing makeup before bed.
- Exfoliating daily with our Perfect Cleansing Scrub.
- Using an eye cream daily. This is a must, as the area around the eyes is usually the first place to show signs of aging.
- Investing in an antioxidant serum to protect skin from damaging free radicals.
- Using a moisturizer night and day to keep skin hydrated.
- Applying sunscreen liberally every day, since sun exposure is the #1 cause of premature aging.
Skincare in Your 30’s
Most women start to notice signs of aging in their 30’s. Skin’s natural production of hyaluronic acid declines. As a result, skin becomes more dry and prone to fine lines.
In addition to the good habits you picked up in your 20’s, you’ll want to add a couple of extra steps to keep skin hydrated:
- Start double cleansing. Use a cleansing oil or emulsion like Perfect Cleansing Emulsion to remove makeup, then follow with your regular cleanser.
- Begin weekly sheet hydration treatments. Our Perfect Mask features powerful anti-aging ingredients like green tea extract and a bio-engineered renewal complex to visibly firm, lift, and brighten skin.
- Add Perfect Neck Cream to your routine to counteract the aging effects of sun exposure and gravity in the delicate neck and chin area.
Skincare in Your 40’s and Beyond
Starting in your 40’s, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, and loss of facial volume start to become real issues. At this point, we recommend adding a targeted anti-aging serum to your skincare routine. 3LAB M Serum uses a proprietary blend of ingredients to re-energize, hydrate, and redensify the skin, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Now is also the time to step up the potency of your products to get better results. We recommend swapping out your eye cream and nighttime moisturizer with our Anti-Aging Value Set, which includes our cult favorite Anti-Aging Eye Lift and Anti-Aging Cream. These products work together to moisturize and repair skin, giving it a youthful glow.
Our skin changes as we age, so you must continue relearn how to take care of your skin and evolve your skincare routine to meet its needs. While you can’t completely stop your skin from aging, you can slow down the aging process considerably by using the right products on a consistent basis.